Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eric Eric is offline

Default How can I center a number in "comma" format?

Thanks. I've always considered the comma icon and the increase/decrease
indent the normal way to add a comma to my numbers. The trouble has been
that it prevents the normal centering from working.

Thanks for the workaround. (Or should I consider it a "feature"?)

"FSt1" wrote:

hi,
you can't do it if you are using accounting format.
but you should be able to if you use currency format or number and check the
1000 seperator(comma).

regards
FSt1

"Eric" wrote:

As far as I can tell, the "comma" format does not allow a number to be
centered horizontally in a cell. Is there a way to override this?

Thanks.