leo

Dave,

Thanks. It worked great. The reason I want to carrry the customer name down
when there are multiple parts is becuase I want to join sales forecast data
to past sales data.

thanks to you i can do that a lot easier,

Leo

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you double click on that Customer header, you'll see options for subtotals
(including None).

And I don't think you can carry that field down the rows--and still keep it a
pivottable.

I sometimes copied that sheet, and the changed the pivottable to values
(copy|paste special|values), then filled in those blank cells.

I used a technique that Debra Dalgleish has at:
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html#Fill

(I use the manual method--I find it quicker than the macro!)

leo wrote:

I made a pivot table to subtotal sales to multiple customers for multiple
part numbers.The pivot table summarizes by customer and then lists the
nultiple part numbers purchase.I want to eliminate the company subtotal line
and retain the individual lines for part number sales.

also, if possible I'd like to retain the customer name on the remaining
lines so it would look like this:

customer part qty dollars
A b22 3 3

--