Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Janet BN Janet BN is offline

Default Week of the Month

Thanks for this bj - we work a 7 day calendar so the first week of the month
is the one that contains the 1st day of the month. Though I couldn't seem to
make this work, comes up with a figure of 5367 for date 24/08/06, when I was
really just looking for 4.

"bj" wrote:

how do you define when the first week of the month starts,

if it is a work week, is week 1 the week that contains 1 or the first full
week in the month?

does your week start on Monday or sunday?

If it starts on the first no matter what day of the week it is,
=ceiling(A1/7,1)
for a date in A1
"Janet BN" wrote:

Hi,

Can someone help me with a formula that determines which week of the month a
specific date falls. i.e. 15/10/07 = Week 3

Thanks,