Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] penderyn123@googlemail.com is offline

Default Drop down lists that auto create and then filter the next drop down list

On 29 Sep, 19:49, "Ron Coderre"
wrote:
See Debra Dalgleish's coverage of Dependent Lists:http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

Is that something you can work with?

Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

wrote in message

ps.com...

I'm trying to set up a spreadsheet using drop down menus

I currently have some 120 rows.

In the first column the are 4 possible choices of form (approx 30
records will have this value). However these values will change
regularly and I dont' want to keep looking to see what they are.

In the second column are names.

When I select the form I only want the second column to have the names
of people from that form.

I can do this using Autofilter if the records are on the same sheet
but I would have to hide a lot of rows and columns that I don't want
the user to see. I would like do the filtering on one worksheet, while
the data is held on another. On the first worksheet I would display a
range of graphs etc. based on the data found

Does that make sense?

Thanks

Thanks for that article 13 did the trick

Gary H