Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default Changing % to whole numbers

Try this:

Put 100 in a blank cell and format that cell the way you want the converted
numbers to display (eg Number, 0 decimal places)

Copy the cell

Select the range of percent cells

<edit<paste special....Check: Multiply......Click [OK]
<edit<paste special....Check: Formats......Click [OK]

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Lynda" wrote in message
I have a number of very large spreadsheets all with percentages. I want to
change the cells from % to whole numbers. I did this the other day and it
was
obviously something very simple (for me it has to be simple) but for some
reason I have gone completely brain dead and can't remember what I did.

My example is, say 12%.
When I change it to the number format I get 0.12. Obviously if I take away
the 2 decimal places I end up with 0. I want to end up with the number
displayed as 12.

Thanks in advance.