Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto filter does not pick up all values in a column

Did you select the entire range before applying the filter? If there are
gaps in the data, Excel might guess the extent of the range differently from
what you intended.

The other possible problem if you have too many different values in the
column. The drop-down list will show only 1000 unique values, so you may
need to split out, for example, the first letter for an initial filter. I
do this with a helper column =LEFT(A1) to give an A-Z list, and then pick
the individual name I want after that.
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits
--
David Biddulph

"Dries" wrote in message
Hi, when I apply an auto filter to a range and I try to filter by a
certain
column, the filter does not show all the values in that column. How can I
fix
this?

Tx