Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rebc rebc is offline

Default How can I split contents of cell with no delimiter

that was even easier! thanks to everyone!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If the text is always 2 characters, you can still use Data|text to columns. But
choose fixed width--not delimited.

rebc wrote:

Hi,

I have a column of text

ny17
ca13
ky04

I want to be able to split the text and numbers into two separate columns,
"ny" in one, "17" in another. As you can see there's no delimiter. Since I
know excel can recognize the difference between text and a number I know
there's a way to do it but I don't know what it is.

Alternatively, I would be happy to find a way to insert a delimiter like a
comma between the text and number to use "text to columns".

Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Rebecca

--