Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] ji.h.lee@gmail.com is offline

Default Navigate to an item in pulldown by typing first couple of letters

Is there a way to use matchentry with the pulldown menu under the
validation function?

Also I am not sure how to use the match entry functionality in the
combobox context. how do i type stuff into the combo box?

On Aug 9, 2:15 pm, "T. Valko" wrote:
You can use a combo box from the control toolbox. It has a MatchEntry
property that will do what you want.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote in message

ups.com...

I have a list in sheet A and on sheet B I have a cell with a pull down
menu that lists the list from the sheet A. The list contains 2400+
items, and instead of scrolling down to the specific item, I am
looking for a way to type the first couple of letters to get near the
item I need to get. Is there anyway to get this done? Sheet B
appears to be somewhat restricted such that recording or writing VBA
is prohibited. Are there any functions or properties I can use to
accomplish this?

Thanks,- Hide quoted text -