Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default How to apply the same formula to an entire column

Want a third way:
Select the range of cells, type the formula, use CTRL+ENTER rather than
simple Enter.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lisab" wrote in message
This works too, Thanks! Now I know two ways to do it.

"Elkar" wrote:

Just copy and paste.

Enter your formula in the first row. Then Copy that formula. Select
your
range of cells to copy to. Then Paste. Excel will automatically
increment
the cell references in the formula.

HTH,
Elkar

"Lisab" wrote:

I have a sheet that has over 6,000 rows (data transfered from an access
table)

I have added a column

In the new column I want the formula to be =A3=B3 which will result in
True
or False and in the next row it want it to be =A4=B4 then the next row
should
be =A5=B5 and so on

How do I apply this formula to the entire column without having to go
from
row to row inputting the same formula?