Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Lisab Lisab is offline

Default How to apply the same formula to an entire column

Thanks!

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Make sure you use an adjacent column which I believe you do, so in C3 put

=A3=B3

press enter, select C3 again, move the cursor with the mouse to the lower
right corner of C3, and when the thick cross changes into a thin cross
double click and you will automatically copy down the formula to the end of
the data in columns A and B

Peo Sjoblom

"Lisab" wrote in message
I have a sheet that has over 6,000 rows (data transfered from an access
table)

I have added a column

In the new column I want the formula to be =A3=B3 which will result in
True
or False and in the next row it want it to be =A4=B4 then the next row
should
be =A5=B5 and so on

How do I apply this formula to the entire column without having to go from
row to row inputting the same formula?