Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jfitzpat jfitzpat is offline

Default Spell Checking with checking cell notes

Thanks to Gord Dibben I am using this macro to spell check in a spreadsheet
that is locked to the users. Does anyone know if there is an option I can
put in this macro to tell it not to spell-check the cell notes? Or can I
some code to define which misspellings (Acronyms) to ignore so that the users
only see their own data going through spell checker not all the lists of
acronyms in cell notes??

Using a macro is the only work around that I know of.

Sub Spell_Check()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme"
Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme", DrawingObjects:=True, _
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
End Sub

Unprotects the sheet, does the spellcheck then reprotects the sheet.

"justme" can be changed to your password.