Kiwi User

No can do, there's figures in the spreadsheet as well (i.e 123.25)

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you can live with all dots converting to slashes, you can change the
autocorrect list.

Tools|Autocorrect Options|
replace . (dot)
with / (slash)

This will affect other office programs, too. So when you/the user is done,
delete this entry in the autocorrect list.

(But it's kind of handy when you're doing lots of date entry--and not much
more.)

(off to fix my autocorrect list)

Kiwi User wrote:

Thanks for that.

That converts text that is already entered. But i want it so that when the
user types 12.01.2004 it automatically converts it to 12/01/2004

Cheers

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
sounds like your date values are actually stored as 'Text'- you may try
using 'Data - Text to columns' to convert them to real dates

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Kiwi User" <Kiwi schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
Hi,

For exporting purposes to a database, I have to have the dates
formatted as
dd/mm/yyyy. Easy you say. Yes, I have formatted the column to be a
date and
selected dd/mm/yyyy as the format. Great

Only, it changes the date in any written form EXCEPT where dots are
used.
Is there a way I can format by validation or some such thing to error
or
replace "." with "/" (i.e dots with slashes.)

Cheers

--

Dave Peterson