Hal

Tools
View
untick the zero values box
"Emzy Wemzy" <Emzy wrote in message
I'm got a spreadsheet with many different sheets in it. The first sheet
is
the main page, and it holds a master table with data like customer name,
salesman, registration number, date of registration etc. The other sheets
are the individual salesman sheets, with just their relevant information
which is copied from the main page. I'm experiementing with two ways to
do
this, VLOOKUP or just a formula like =sheet1!A12 etc. In the date column
want to put the date of registration, so I can copy that from the main
page.
However, sometimes a date is not always needed, so when I copy it across
the salesman sheet, the data in the date cell reads as 00-Jan-00. I know
with somethings you can hide the contents of cells with a hyphen to show
its
blank, but the formula is still there in the background. This doesnt
appear
to happen when Itry this though. Can anyone please help me?!