Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dave Thomas Dave Thomas is offline

Default Creating a rotating schedule

I'm sure it's possible. It may be possible to make a master template for use
each year. But I'd have to see what the spread sheet looks like for 3-4
weeks to have an example.

"Michael Slater" wrote in message
. ..
I'm new to using Excel, but I was wondering if anyone knows if it is
possible to create (or "automate" might be a better word) the following
type of work schedule:

I'm only looking for a "YES" it's possible, or "NO" it isn't. If I know
that it is, I can figure it out myself.....I think.

I do the scheduling for a public safety dispatch center which runs on a "4
day on, 2 day off" schedule with 3 around the clock shifts. There are 3
"lines", that is, employee group#1 starts with Monday and Tuesday off,
group #2 starts with Wednesday and Thursday off, and group #3 starts with
Friday and Saturday off. This schedule rotates each week so that the
following week gr# 1 is off on Sunday and Monday, etc....

I usually do the whole year out by scheduling one person on each line,
then copying and pasting throughout the rest of the schedule, which is a
little time consuming.

Thanks for any input.

Mike