Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
blue[_2_] blue[_2_] is offline

Default Excel 2002 Formula: Urgent Conditional Formula Required Right Away - if possible

A lawyer would like a conditional formula for both the Vendors Receive
and Purchaser Receive columns that says something like if the
difference between the Estimated Purchase Price less the Holdback is
less than the Actual Purchase Price than Vendor Receives and Purchaser
Receives but if the Actual Purchase Price is more than the Estimate
Purchase Price the Vendors Receive and the Purchaser Receives (and I
have no clue what I am talking about but hope someone with lots of
Excel experience understands and can set out the exact conditional
formula for me).

B C D
F G H
I J

Estimated Purchase Price Holdback EPP less holdback actual Purchase
price F - B Vendors Receive Purchaser Receives
shortfall in Holdback
2,350,000 100,000 2,345,000 -5,000 95,000 5,000

please e-mail me with response as well to

thanks - Bonnie McKinnon