Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove[_2_] Harlan Grove[_2_] is offline

Default LINKING MAIN SHEET WITH MULTIPLE SUMMARY SHEETS

"SSJ" wrote...
3) I have inherited this spreadsheet and the way it was done current,
which i want to change is as follows:

i) I open a tab for a project. The lay out of the project sheets are
identical to the MAIN SHEET, however, the number of work order varyies.
The number of work orders are in hundreds.
ii) List all the work orders numbers and description
iii) Manually link each and every field (there are 30) of the work
order (there are 100s) with the corresponding cell in the MAIN SHEET.

You could use a macro to do this. Easiest to start by using the Macro
Recorder to record the steps needed to do this for one one project
worksheet. Then post the recorded macro and others here could help
generalize it to loop through all worksheets other than MAIN SHEET.