Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cb2171 cb2171 is offline

Default Count cells to left in a table

On 1 Jul, 09:07, "Charlie Brown" wrote:
Hi,

Using Excel 2003. I want tocountthe number of 'TRUE'cellsto theleftof
a column in a dynamictable. By dynamic, I mean that the column header is
date sensitive so that the date in A1 has A1+1 in col B etc. and as the date
advances along thetable, the number of TRUE valuecellsto theleftof
today's date in thetablewill increase. I tried doing acountusing the
TODAY() function but that didn't work, I also tried to figure out how to
find today's date using FIND but I am not getting very far. I can't really
think of much more. Some help appreciated.

TIA

Charlie

No, I have not used the TODAY() function in the sheet, todays date is
in the column header just using an earlier date in A1 and then
progressing using A1+1 in the other columns. I have tried to build a
superformulae using countif, but I can't identify todays date in the
column to get a reference point. As you can see, the table where I
want to extract the information will expand each day. BTW, my
formulae are at work and not able to supply further information until
tomorrow.