Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] magneticpoles@gmail.com is offline

Default Dashboard

On Jun 28, 10:10 am, Richard
wrote:
I've been asked by my company to develop a dashboard of metrics but I don't
know where to start. The data comes from a variety of systems and will
probably require some manipulation before it can be used. Does anyone have a
template or suggestions for getting started. Ideally I would like to update
the data and have Excel update the dashboard for me.

It's a loaded question but all help is appreciated.

Rich

Hi Rich. I have developed a very cool dashboard that does what you are
asking about. It uses dynamic range names for the graphing. This
allows me to paste a line in the data sheet(s) and have the dashboard
update itself. I can't send you a copy, as it has proprietary business
data, but it really not very difficult. I would suggest researching
how to build dynamic graphs, and you will be halfway home.