Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Lauren Lauren is offline

Default Copying template to other worksheets

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I'm sorry, I forgot the most
important part of the question. My template is several worksheets. When I
open the template on a new excel sheet thats fine. The zeros appear when I
click special link after copying the last worksheet of the template to a new
workbook (that is the sum of all the seperate workbooks)..any advice?
--
Thank you so much!
-Lauren

"Gordon" wrote:

"Lauren" wrote in message
I used one of the excel templates from the office online website. I changed
all of the column and row headings to labels that were relevant to what I
needed to do.... I finished it and saved as a template in 'Save As'. Now,
when I copy and paste that information/template to another workbook all
the
empty cells become zeros with the cell format of that column from the
template...for example...$0 or 0.00 I've tried clearing the
contents..but
there's nothing there to clear on the template- only on the new workbook
that
I create.
What do I do??
--

Try File - New- My templates - Create (at least that's the procedure in
2007). That's what you are supposed to do, not copy and paste.