Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default storage data base

Unless you've got over 65,000 of them, a simple Excel Database should
suffice and the searching can be done with the AutoFilter.......
Just start by putting "FileNumber" in Cell A1, then "CustomerName" in B1,
etc etc across row 1, ......then devise a series of filenumbers and put the
first one in cell A2, and then fill out row 2 with the approproate
information for the first plate........then repeat for row 3, etc........

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"southbound" wrote in message
I am looking for a simple program that will allow me to find Printing

plates
in storage . Probably with Customer name, Description, How many colours

etc.
With a file number attached to each filed plate set.