Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Avoid plotting refferanced blanks as zeros in scatter plot gra

If 'Keep It Simple' means use an extra sheet, then use an extra sheet. I
can't believe how many people are so reluctant to do so even when the
benefits are explained.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Del Cotter" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 May 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Jon Peltier said:

This is why NA() works for charts with markers (XY, line, and radar),
because points (markers) are not plotted for #N/A (and therefore the
labels
do not show), while "" works for column or bar charts, because the
zero-thickness column/bar doesn't show, and neither does the "" label.

I must now slap my forehead as I did when tmirelle first made the
suggestion, for the opposite reason this time: that it never did work
after all, it just looked like it worked because the points didn't show.

It's still funny about the labels and label frames going buggy all over
the place with bars for me though.

I guess the setup you described in your previous post is the only way to
go: mirrored sheets, one formatted for publication as a table, one
formatted for feeding a chart, etc. A counterintuitive case of the
"helper column" principle for preparing spreadsheet data for charting, in
a situation where one wouldn't think it necessary.

--
Del Cotter
NB Personal replies to this post will send email to