Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Avoid plotting refferanced blanks as zeros in scatter plot gra

Since worksheets don't cost much, I generally make one table for each use I
have for the data, all linked back to the original data. There could be
several sheets: one for the original data, one for the chart source data,
one for optimal screen viewing, one (or more) optimized to print, one or
more optimized to export to Word or PowerPoint. The chart one shows the
#N/A, and it's useful to show these; the ones for display do not. The ones
for display might skip rows or columns and have fancy borders or shading to
make them easy to read, the one for the chart does not. It's just so much
easier to do each table individually than to try to figure out how the same
table will work for different functions that have different requirements.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Jobe" wrote in message
Thank you guys for your input, NA() does work for not plotting zero
values
but now my table is is littered with #N/As. Is it possible to have a to
eliminate this display of the #N/As from the table. Otherwise I will make
hidden table with NA().

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Agreed! so use NA() in place of "" in the formula
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
If the "blank" is the result of "" in a formula, Tools menu Options
Chart tab 'Plot Empty Cells As' will have no effect.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
Replace the blank cell by =NA()
or
With chart select: Tools | Options |Chart and specify how missing data
is
to be treated
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove CAPS in email address

"Jobe" wrote in message
I can not figure out how not to plot data that referances blank cells
as
zero's. I have a worksheet that links to tables with data orginized
by
size
(mm) from big to small. This worksheet contains a scatter plot graph
that
looks at all sizes in the table. Typically not all sizes have data.
The
only way I can figure out to remove the zero values from the blank
cells
is
by manualy selecting these cells and clearing the content. I have
tried
several attempts at differant logic ( if(isnumber(A1),A1,""), and
if(isblank(A1),"",A1) ect. and nothing seems to work. I could use
conditional formating but I would like to keep things as simple as
possible