Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Paul is offline

Default Worksheet password

You could open the confidential worksheet, select the colums that have
information in them, hide the columns then use sheet protection to keep the
information hidden using a password. To view and edit the sheet you would
have to unprotect the sheet, unhide the columns to edit then rehide and
protect the sheet. You could also hide the sheet after protecting it by
right clicking on the sheet name and selecting hide. That way it would not be
immediately know that it existed. Rt clicking on another sheet will give the
unhide option.

"Dr Alok Modi MD" wrote:

Hi !
I know that you can prevent other users from opeing your excel book by
locking it with a password. But my incomes workbook has 8 sheets out of which
one sheet is confidential. I do not want somebody to to be able to prview
that sheet without a password. I do not mind if other worksheets are open to
public view in the same workbook. I have not been able to find a solution to
that. Could you help me out ?
Thanks

Dr Alok Modi MD