Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gunnar Lysaker Gunnar Lysaker is offline

Default Why input range contains non-numeric data?

I think you might have space infront or behind some of your data. Use F2 in
some of the cells to make sure that there not are any "odd characters"
unvisible.
You can check this easy also by using =Left(b1,6) where 6 is numbers of
characters
you want to extract.
This formatting problems is very irritating in Excel. Numbers are not always
calculatable(if thats a word) even if its seems like it.
Good luck
G.
"Nickman" wrote:

Ok, so I copied and pasted special with a blank box and a bunch of random
numbers in my columns went right justified while most stayed left. But that
didn't fix anything. Then I tried all of the other suggestions and still
nothing it working. I still have random numbers sitting on the right and
cant do any data analysis. This is getting frustrating.

Nickman

"Mark Lincoln" wrote:

Numbers formatted as text have to be converted back to numbers.
Create a range of cells in the same shape as the problem data cells,
each of which contains a 1. Then Copy this range, select the top-left
cell of the problem data range, select Paste Special from the Edit
menu, click on the Multiply button in the Operations section of the
Paste Special dialog, then click OK. Your numbers will now be treated
as numbers by Excel.

Mark Lincoln

On Apr 24, 1:18 am, Nickman wrote:
"Mark Lincoln" wrote:
On Apr 23, 9:06 pm, Nickman wrote:
When I try to do a regression analysis on my data, a box pops up saying there
is non-numerica data for the input. However, I cant find any within my data
sheet.

Are some of the cells formatted as text? Or entered with a leading
apostrophe (which amounts to the same thing)?

Mark Lincoln

I selected all of the data and then formatted the cells as numbered. And as far as apostrophes go I cant find any. But the problem still persists.- Hide quoted text -