Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Exasperated and Requiring Assistance[_2_] Exasperated and Requiring Assistance[_2_] is offline

Default How to collapse rows in Excel,leaving a plus sign to open/clos

Thanks mate - u r a deadset legend

My display name is now no longer "Exasperated and Requiring Assistance" but,
"Cool, Calm and Collected"

Much obliged ;)

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe you saw Data|subtotals in action--or Data|Group and Outline???

Both of these will show the outlining symbols to the left of the worksheet.

Exasperated and Requiring Assistance wrote:

I know how to hide / show the rows, but how do it so as to leave a little
plus sign in the corner that allows me to control the number of rows to
expand / contract (and I know you can do it - I've seen it on other
spreadsheets!)

--

Dave Peterson