Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Rizing Rizing is offline

Default Copy/Pasting formulas

No worries Marcelo!

"Marcelo" wrote:

yes, sorry for the mistake

lin is row in my excel in brazilian portuguese.

--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Teethless mama" escreveu:

Try this:

=INDIRECT("'"&"PH"&ROW(A2)&"'!$B$25")

"Rizing" wrote:

Well Marcelo, I copied and pasted the formula you have below and that is
exactly what I see in the cell. Maybe I did something incorrect??

Thank you for your input though.

"Marcelo" wrote:

Hi Rizing,

I not sure, if I understand wath are you looking for, but try it:

=indirect("ph"&lin(a1)+1&!"&"$A$25")

copy it down

hth

--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Marcelo

"Rizing" escreveu:

Thank you so much Kristin. That solved half of my problem. The PH1 part of
the formula refers to the name of the worksheet, which I assume you knew
already, but I would like to be able to paste and have that change.

Example: =PH1!$A$25 copied from cell A1 to A2 to A3.... will return the
following

=PH1!$A$25
=PH2!$A$25
=PH3!$A$25

"Kristin Broggi" wrote:

If you put a $ before the A and another before the 25 it will make that cell
an absolute reference - see below
=PH1!$A$25
Then copy it and you should be all set.

"Rizing" wrote:

My formula is =PH1!A25 for one cell on my worksheet. I need the same formula
in the other cells in my column. When I do that I get the following in the
cells I pasted to....

=PH1!A26
=PH1!A27
=PH1!A28 and so on.

Is there a way to copy the formula and have it count like this....

=PH2!A25
=PH3!A25
=PH4!A25 and so on.

Any and all help is very much appreciated.
=PH1!A25