Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default if value equals whole number then ...

Sorry,

my penultimate closing brackets should be in both formulae, i.e.:

=IF(INT(A1)=A1,<formula2,<formula3)
=IF(MOD(A1,1)=0,<formula2,<formula3)

Pete

On Mar 19, 4:47 pm, "Pete_UK" wrote:
Assuming <formula is in A1, then try this:

=IF(INT(A1)=A1,<formula2,<formula3))

INT returns the integer portion of A1. Another way would be:

=IF(MOD(A1,1)=0,<formula2,<formula3))

MOD returns the remainder after dividing A1 by 1.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 19, 4:40 pm, bd wrote:

I need to write a conditional statement that does the following:

If the result of <formula = a whole number, then <formula2, else <formula3

I have all the formulas working I just don't know how to writeup that first
condition, if the resulting value of the formula is a whole number then do
this, else that.

Pls help, thanks.- Hide quoted text -