Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default NOW() function that is un-changing

Sub TimeStamp()
ActiveCell.Value = Time
ActiveCell.EntireColumn.AutoFit
End Sub

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Cheese" wrote in message
Thanks for your help.

How would I configure the macro to enter the =NOW() value into a cell

rather
than the =NOW() function?

"Fred Smith" wrote:

Ctrl-; will enter the date.
Ctrl-: will enter the time.

If you want both, you have three options.

1. Use =Now(), but after it's entered, Copy it and Paste SpecialValues
2. Enter Ctrl-; in one cell, Ctrl-: in another, then add them together.
3. Record a macro which will insert the =Now() value in the selected

cell.

Fred

"Cheese" wrote in message
Is there a =NOW() type of function that records the "now" time of when

first enter it and doesn't update to the current date/time?

I'm trying to create a date/time log of certain events that displays

the
date and time in hh:mm:ss - I only need to be accurate within a few

seconds,
but the point is that =NOW() wouldn't work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.