Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Rogers Mike Rogers is offline

Default NOW() function that is un-changing

Cheese

I don't know if this will work for you but here is a way that I have used
and it works for me.
In a cell out of the way, place your "NOW()" function. Highlite the range
you want to show your date/time log to be. GotoDataValidation. Under
"allow" select LIST, under source select the cell that you placed the "NOW()"
function and ok out. Format your range for displaying
date/hours/mimutes/seconds, the way you want.
When you use the drop down to place the date/time it will not update
everytime the sheet re-calculates.

Hope this helps you

Mike Rogers

"Cheese" wrote:

Is there a =NOW() type of function that records the "now" time of when I
first enter it and doesn't update to the current date/time?

I'm trying to create a date/time log of certain events that displays the
date and time in hh:mm:ss - I only need to be accurate within a few seconds,
but the point is that =NOW() wouldn't work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.