Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default #DIV/0!

Ah, yes I can see that AVERAGE(A1+A2+A3) would work, as the + between
each item is coercing a zero value for the blank cells.
I always use
=AVERAGE(A1:A100) as I wouldn't want to type all the plus's and with
some formulae would hit the number of characters limit.

My way would be
=IF(COUNT(A1:A100)0,AVERAGE(A1:A100),"")

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"joeu2004" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 8, 11:50 pm, "Roger Govier"
wrote:
"joeu2004" wrote:
On Mar 8, 4:21 pm, "Roger Govier"
wrote:
=AVERAGE(ESP1!F24+ESP2!F24+LV!F24+LA!F24+RAT!F24+S F1!F24+
SF2!F24+SF3!F24+TA*OS!F24)
then if they sum to 0, you will get the #DIV0 error message

Are you sure? Works fine for me when all cells are on the same
sheet.

Sorry,

I should have said if all cells in the range are blank, and therefore
sum to zero, then you get the #DIV/0 error.

Not when I try it. AVERAGE(A1+A2+A3) works just fine when all 3 cells
are blank. I suspect you are making the same mistake that I made and
thinking of AVERAGE(A1,A2,A3), which does indeed fail with #DIV/0! if
all 3 cells are blank.