Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
OA OA is offline

Default file.xls cannot be accessed...Read only...

Unfortunately I don't have no recent backup on the hard disk.
Now lesson learned, Is there any way to recover this file or not?
Or should I just give up.
Thanks.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

If the file on your flash memory stick is unreadable then you'll have to go
back to your most recent backup, copy that to your hard disk, and work from
that version.

In future, don't try to use a memory stick as a working location. Copy your
Excel file to hard disk, work with it there, then copy the new version on to
your memory stick.
--
David Biddulph

"OA" wrote in message
Can any one answer to my question...? Pls

"OA" wrote:

The file is stored on Flash mem. stick. As I have mentioned previously I
cannot make copy of the file...!
I tried many times to copy it but I get error message.

THX & Reg.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Try first copying the file to your HD then open it from there.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 07:38:03 -0800, OA
wrote:

I have created this file and its stored on USB mem. stick.
Thanks.

"John Crosher" wrote:

Who created this file? You, or someone else? They may have put
limited access
rights.

"OA" wrote:

I have ***.xls file, when I come to open the file I recv a mesg.
"file.xls
cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be
trying to
access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is
stored on may
not be responding."...???

I can't copy this file to anywhere.
I have checked all the file properties of the file & folder for
read only
check mark.

Any way to recover this file?
Please advise, thanks & regards,