Myrna Larson

They are text files that improve on CSV by including formulas and formatting
as well as cell contents. You know that if you are old enough <g.

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:39:06 -0800, Tom wrote:

You're EXACTLY right!! How'd you ever know that???? What is an SYLK file
anyway? What are they used for and why?
TIA!!!!
Tom

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

I think the problem is that the first two characters of your text file
are "ID". This identifies the text file as a SYLK (SYmbolic LinK) file.

In article ,
Tom wrote:

I've created a *.csv file "MyOutput.csv" that has about 2000 rows and 15
columns of text data from an application. When browsing via Windows

Explorer
to the file off the root of C:\ and double-clicking, I get a message that
says:
"Excel has detected that the 'MyOutput.csv' is a SYLK file, but cannot

load
it. Either the file has errorsa or it is not a SYLK file. Click OK to

try
to openn the file in a different format."
Upon clicking on OK, the MyOutput.csv file loads finei into Excel 2003.

just need to re-adjust the column widths.
What's causing the SYLK 'false-error' message.
TIA,
Tom