Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Auto Scale X axis doesn't work with "" values in cell

Yes, it's a common problem.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"SteveC" wrote in message
thanks John... was about to write that I found your explanation of this in
another post...

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

"" is interpreted as a piece of text, with a value of zero. Replace ""
with
NA(). This leaves an ugly #N/A error in the cell, but is ignored by line
and
XY charts. Hide the cell error with conditional formatting.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"SteveC" wrote in message
First of all, thanks to tushar:
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...rts/index.html

I'm trying to get a chart to work with the basic ranges defined as
this:

XValues =OFFSET('Basic Range'!YValues,0,-1)
YValues =OFFSET('Basic Range'!$B$5,0,0,COUNTA('Basic Range'!$B:$B)-1,1)

Assuming dates in A5-A16 and data in B5-B16.

However, this won't work if the data in column B is equal to this ""

I get the "" from an if statement: If cell in column A is blank, then
cell
in column B = "" or =IF(isblank(A11),"",get stock price data as of
the
date
in cell All)

Any suggestions to work around the "" issue?

thanks very much.

SteveC