Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Question For Importing Data Into Excel/Converting General Number t

One way would be to divide the values in the cells by 100. 303,000/100 =
303, etc.

Dave

" wrote:

Hi,

I know how to import data into Excel. However, one of my colums is a
number field where i need the number in the cell to be displayed as a
dollar amount...

Say the cell reads H1 reads 30300. I need that cell to read 0303.00

How do I do that without having to manually go into each cell (we are
talking 1500 cells) and adding a zero and putting a decimal in?