Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Find colored cells in a worksheet

Well............I see it can be done without VBA.

Thanks Herbert

Gord

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 14:14:19 -0800, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

Cannot be done without VBA

See Chip Pearson's site for code.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 12:53:02 -0800, VTN wrote:

Hi,

I have a worksheet that has data in cells which has also been color coded.
What I would like to do is find a way to search for, say, all of the yellow
cells in the worksheets and sum the numbers in those cells. And then, of
course, do the same for all of the other colors in the worksheet.

I thought I could perhaps use a sumif where the criteria is "if the cell is
shaded yellow" but I don't know how to set that criteria up. Does anyone
have a way to do this?

Thanks!