Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta Tushar Mehta is offline

Default Axis scale on X-Y scatter graph

Del has the right idea but you need to use a more complex approach. Instead
of just MAX(x-range) use MAX(MAX(x-range),ABS(MIN(x-range))) This will cater
to the possibility that the -ve values have a larger absolute magnitude than
the positive values.

This *should* give you (0,0) in the center but one cannot be sure since XL's
algorithm for calculating the axis scaling is not documented (at least the
last time I checked it was documented for XL5 and not for any later version).
--

Tushar Mehta
http://www.tushar-mehta.com

"Andy" wrote:

Is it possible to link the scales for the X and Y axis so that the scale can
increase/decrease automatically, but both X and Y always cover the same
range. I am plotting data which is just easier to read if 0,0 remains in the
centre of the graph - I could fix the axis scale, but I want to leave as
'auto' due to the changing data.

Thanks,

Andy