Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
john the confused john the confused is offline

Default charting non-contiguous data

Point taken - I forgot about the limits.
You still gives you upto about 80 data cells to a series though.
--
John
MOS Master Instructor

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

A word of caution with this approach.

Using the ctrl key to select dis-contiguous cells will work but only to
a point. Once the length of the series formula exceeds 1024, I think
that's the cutoff length, you will not be able to add anymore points to
that series. When you consider each point requires a sheet and cell
reference the formula can get very long very quickly.

Cheers
Andy

john the confused wrote:
You can select your data by holding the Ctrl key and then use the chart
wizard. When you want to add new data, enter it in the cell and then either
click & drag it to the chart or use copy & paste

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info