Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Countif funtion

I just tested this using
=SUMPRODUCT((K2:K16="B")*(L2:L16="C")*(M2:M16="B") )
b c b
b c b
b c c
b b b

For the above, I get 2. It will be true only if you get b,c,b on the same
row.
Send me your wb, if desired along with a complete explanation and what
errrors
And, for the info given below, I get 3 for Sandra,Closed,Brian
Capitalization does NOT matter.

Sandra Closed
Sandra
Sandra Closed
Sandra Closed
Sandra Closed brian
Sandra
Sandra Closed
Sandra Closed
Sandra Closed
Sandra Closed brian
Sandra Closed brian
Sandra Closed
Sandra
Sandra Closed
Sandra Closed Christine

..
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dot" wrote in message
Sorry Don,
Column K=Assigned, L=Status, M=Reassigned

I have 1700 lines that I'm working with and 18 employees, when I use the
below function the count no longer works but if I take off the last part
of
the function it works but not correctly for everyone:

=SUMPRODUCT((Assignments!K2:K1669="Brian")*(Assign ments!L2:L1669="Closed")*(Assignments!M2:M1669="Br ian"))

I made sure everyone starts with a capital letter on their name as well as
the status closed starting with a capital letter.

--
Dot

"Don Guillett" wrote:

I'm confused about your layout.... Your example gives TWO columns.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dot" wrote in message
Okay I just found a flaw, turns out its counting the information twice
for
two different people. Below is how the columns are set up and the
functions
I'm using
Assigned Status Reassigned
Sandra Closed
Sandra
Sandra Closed
Sandra Closed
Sandra Closed brian
Sandra
Sandra Closed
Sandra Closed
Sandra Closed
Sandra Closed brian
Sandra Closed brian
Sandra Closed
Sandra
Sandra Closed
Sandra Closed Christine

Brian took over some of the assigned tasks that were given to Sandra
but
it
is counting them for both employees. Here is the new function I added,
it
worked for one person but then put a N/A value on another:

=SUMPRODUCT((Assignments!K2:M1669="Brian")*(Assign ments!L2:L1669="closed")*(Assignments!M2:M669="Bri an"))

On Brian it is now giving me the #N/A value where on Jennifer it
worked.
--
Dot

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Glad to help

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dot" wrote in message
That worked!!! Thanks so much Don I've been working on this all day
and
it's
been driving me crazy :-)
--
Dot

"Don Guillett" wrote:

this maybe
=sumproduct((Assignments!K2:M1669="Brian")*(Assign ments!
n2:n1669="closed"))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dot" wrote in message
I'm trying to bring three columns together that checks for a
condition
of
persons name and counts how many items were processed. I have
the
first
function =COUNTIF(Assignments!K2:M1669,"Brian") that's working
but I
don't
want it to include the blank cells only cells that have "closed".
What
information am I missing? I tried including the nested argument
If
but
keep
getting a value error.