Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
HANYANA via OfficeKB.com HANYANA via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Color Cells Summing

Hey Bob,
Scratch that, I've played with it and it's working.
You guys are great. THANK YOU so much!

Han

HANYANA wrote:
Hi Bob,

i tried using Max's work book and the formula sits well but it comes up with
the #NAME? thing and doesn't actually count or add up the number or red cells.

I guess i'm a real dumb blonde.(i can say that as i am blonde) :)

My scenario

I have a roster i made up for the whole year, it has colored cells for annual
leave and training days because i have the staff work areas set up with
formulas to make sure i have the correct amount of staff in a set area. The
staff have area codes that sometimes need to be changed which alters my staff
count. Therefore i need to be able to sum all the red cells (annual leave)
and all the blue cells (training days) to a different part of the roster so
that i can keep track on whats happening with who and the amount of days each
employee has has in a.l and training to keep up with company protocol. I know
it sounds a mess the original sheet looks great and works well but i just
cant get the last bit to work. If you can help i would really appreciate it.
I just have no clue anymore and am completely dazed and confuzed. Hope you
have a great 2007
Han

Indeed it is beautifully rendered Max. If you intend to use this again, may
I suggest that you also show how you can dynamically pick up the test

[quoted text clipped - 22 lines]
Thanks
Hanyana