Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TT TT is offline

Default Alerts - how to cancel

I know what you're saying, but that's my point. I do want to lose all my
changes. If I want to change, I'll click save, if not, I don't want to save
anything and don't want to be bothered with the alert double-checking for
me.....

But I guess it's a safe feature that I shouldn't really be getting rid
of.... thanks anyway.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

There are usually ways to avoid any of these prompts. But each could have
disasterous results--imagine making tons of changes and closing. The workaround
would stop the alert and you'd lose your changes.

I surely wouldn't do it.

TT wrote:

I see. But if I close the file without clicking save, I won't be saving
anything anyway, correct? So I really don't need the alert since I'm not
saving any of the changes caused by volatile functions or events. Is my
thinking correct? So is there a way to get rid of the alert?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

There are certain functions =now(), =today(), =indirect() (and others) that are
volatile. The update whether you make a change or not.

There could be worksheet/workbook/application events that could be firing that
change the workbook.

This is one of those warnings I'd try not to ignore.

TT wrote:

Everytime I open an excel file, flip through the different worksheets, didn't
make any change, and then exit, it always ask if I want to save changes.

Is there a way to cancel the alert? I want it so that if I close the file
without saving, that means I don't want to save anything I've done. I don't
need the alert. How do I take it out? Please help

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson