Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default how do I quickly insert numbers 1 to 100 in a column in Excel?

Easiest way:

Enter 1 in first row.
Enter 2 in second row.
Select *both* cells.
*Double click* on the "fill handle" of the 2 cell selection, which will
automatically fill all the rows in that column, as far down as there is data
in the adjoining column.
--

HTH,

RD

"terri" wrote in message
I have a list of itmes that need to be numbered to the right side of the
list. I do not wish to manually enter each number (1 to 100). Is there way
I can enter the number 1, then pull the cursor down the column until the
cells become populated with the rest of the numbers in sequence? I