Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default User-defined charts

Excel 2007 handles chart formatting in VBA nominally the same as in 2003,
although you may find some minor differences.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Fredrik E. Nilsen" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 07:02:03 -0500, "Jon Peltier"
wrote:

What VBA does is applies the tweaking automatically. You need to come up
with a template or a set of tweaks that make people happy enough with the
chart. I don't know what you mean by set the settings once and for all,
unless you want a more totally VBA approach that dumps the data into an
Excel template and plots it in a protected chart. Otherwise, human nature
dictates that people are going to tweak.

If you decide to use VBA, you could start with some recorded macros, then
examine the code and remove duplicate items and stray mouse actions.

Yes, I know they will try to tweak it but I would like to make the
charts as good as possible before they start ruining it agian. :)

What I mean is, I would like to save the settings for bars, lines etc
(thickness, borders, colours) in the user-defined chart so I could be
sure that they have the correct settings every time, even if they
change the chart-type or add more serie.

Seems like I have to use a VBA-approach. Btw, do you know if 2007
handles this any differently?

--
Fredrik E. Nilsen