Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
chrissyb chrissyb is offline

Default Insert PDF from MapPoint into Excel or Word

Hi... I actually got the answer today and wow... did I really over complicate
things yesterday.
All I had to do was right click the map legend to copy it and paste it into
an Excel sheet. Then I went back to the map and there was a drop down menu
for copy map. So I copied the map and pasted it next to the map legend on
the excel spreadsheet. Then I just set the image landscape and fit the
graphics to one page. And it looked great. So here is the answer. It
really was very simple. No pdf was required.
Happy mapping.

--
Thanks!

"macropod" wrote:

Hi chrissyb,

You can't insert PDFs directly into either Word or Excel, so what did you
actually do? For example:
Is the inserted file an encapsulated postscript file (*.eps)?
Did you open a PDF & copy a graphic then paste that into Word or Excel?
Did you insert a link to the PDF into Word or Excel?
When printing from MapPoint, did you use the 'Presentation' setting under
File|Print|Options|Map quality?

Another option to consider is saving the map as a web page, then inserting
the map image created by that process into Word or Excel.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"chrissyb" wrote in message
Hi... I recently learned Microsoft MapPoint software. I converted a

MapPoint
image into a PDF using GeoPrint software that I installed this morning.

Next
I inserted this PDF into Excel or Word. My problem is that the PDFs

inserted
into Excel and Word are coming out fuzzy and are not good resolution for a
professional presentation. Am I missing a critical step for a sharp

image?
PLEASE HELP!!

I need a sharp PDF to insert into Excel or Word for a sharp printed image

of
professional standard.

--
Thanks!