Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
chrissyb chrissyb is offline

Default Insert PDF from MapPoint into Excel or Word

Hi... At Excel and Word I hit INSERT, OBJECT and then clicked on the PDF file
I wanted inserted as a tab on an Excel workbook (or page in Word). This
worked. However the resolution was poor quality and there were lines that I
wanted off the page. It made for poor professional presentation quality.

I did use Presentation for map quality. PLEASE HELP! I've wasted lots of
time printing maps of poor quality in Excel and Word.

--
Thanks!

"macropod" wrote:

Hi chrissyb,

You can't insert PDFs directly into either Word or Excel, so what did you
actually do? For example:
Is the inserted file an encapsulated postscript file (*.eps)?
Did you open a PDF & copy a graphic then paste that into Word or Excel?
Did you insert a link to the PDF into Word or Excel?
When printing from MapPoint, did you use the 'Presentation' setting under
File|Print|Options|Map quality?

Another option to consider is saving the map as a web page, then inserting
the map image created by that process into Word or Excel.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"chrissyb" wrote in message
Hi... I recently learned Microsoft MapPoint software. I converted a

MapPoint
image into a PDF using GeoPrint software that I installed this morning.

Next
I inserted this PDF into Excel or Word. My problem is that the PDFs

inserted
into Excel and Word are coming out fuzzy and are not good resolution for a
professional presentation. Am I missing a critical step for a sharp

image?
PLEASE HELP!!

I need a sharp PDF to insert into Excel or Word for a sharp printed image

of
professional standard.

--
Thanks!