Martin P

Change all hard breaks in the table to something like ¥, or anything else
that does not otherwise appear in the text. Then copy to Excel. Use a macro
to change ¥ to a manual line break. You will have to do with a manual line
break; a hard return does not seem possible. I do not have a macro available
right now. What it does is change Don¥Mike to "Don"&Chr(10)&"Mike". Perhaps
somebody else is willing to do the macro part before I get there.

"Don" wrote:

I'm sure there might be a solution, I just can't find it
now.....

I have a table in Word that might or might not
contain "returns." I want the table in Word to copy
EXACTLY as is into Excel.

If I have Don (hard return) Mike in one Word table cell.
It splits this into two cells in Excel. Any way to
prevent this. Pasting as a Word document is not an option

Thanks so much in advance.