Peo Sjoblom

If you can't see your posts, get a newsreader, this is the 5th time you post
the same question
Open the text file directly from excel and you can import all columns
(unless they are more than 256)

Peo Sjoblom

"JP" wrote in message
I have a several large columns of data stored in notepad. The columns are

all
next to each other. I need to put column 1 in column A in excel and column

2
into column B in excel etc. Copy and paste does not work. I can't just
highlight one column I end up highlighting all 6 columns! If a just copy a
paste all the data, the entire data just goes into column A of excel, and

can not perform any excel functions on the data. HELP! This is extremely
annoying, I am beginning to think the only way is to copy each bit of data

by
hand into excel, but there over 1000 items!!!