Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Default Default Search Options

I'm very unfamiliar with Excel, so navigating within it is a struggle for me.
My boss has created a job tracking system in Excel, with multiple tabs
across the bottom, one for each worker in our group. Several times a day I
need to find out who is working on a particular job, so I open the tracking
system and use Ctrl-F to search for the job number.

Is there a way I can reset the default search options when I do this? Every
time I use Ctrl-F, it comes up searching within the individual sheet, by
formulas. Of course I can't find anything that way, so I need to reset it
every time to search within the workbook by values. Is there a way I can
reset the search options once and for all, so it just comes up looking for
what I want? That would be a whole lot less aggravating than needing to reset
them 20 times a day.

Thanks,

Fred