Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Default A ? for our Excel Guru's and MVPs

Right Don.........and many times it's not as hard to figure out an Excel
answer to an OP's question, as it is to interpret exactly what the Op is
looking for from their usually "non-excel terminology".

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Don Guillett" wrote:

I also agree and would like to point out that many times there is no
"correct" answer because, as we all know, there are many ways to do the same
thing in Excel. All correct. And, since we are all human, we all make
mistakes. I sometimes catch others mistakes and they catch mine. This is
helpful to all, including you.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Well said. Encapsulates my views, but more eloquently said.

Bob

"Epinn" wrote in message
I am a regular user of this forum and I would like to say something.

When I first started using MS newsgroup(s), I did it through web
interface.
I made a point to rate the answers so as to show my appreciation. One
day,
I realize that most experts, MVP's etc. don't use web interface. So, I do
what the experts do and I have switched to OE, Google etc. From then on,
have stopped rating the answers as there is no way to do it through OE or
Google.

I always believe that the poster is free to choose from the various
solutions suggested by the gurus. He/she is responsible for the
consequence
of his/her decision. Anyone who provides an answer is a volunteer with a
helping heart. I don't pay anyone any money and therefore I don't demand.
Do Excel consultants provide guarantees when clients pay them big money?
am not sure. Outside MS, I constantly find bugs in systems even when I
pay
for service.

About the Excel Help, I have found more mistakes than I want to. I am a
fan
of SUMPRODUCT which is not truly explained in the Help files. If I only
confine myself to the Help files I would have missed out a lot and I mean
lot. Shall we include the SUMPRODUCT paper as part of Excel Help?

I always look for quality and I am happy with the advice and guidance I
get
from this forum. If one expert inadvertently made a typo, someone else
would probably catch it.

I am not sure what you are *truly* after. Life is full of risks.

Off topic - The consumer report says that we shouldn't bother with
extended
*warranty*; it's a waste of money!

I thought I could keep quiet for a few days ......

Epinn