Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
PCLIVE PCLIVE is offline

Default Copy Chart and PasteSpecial

Why does the Copy line take so long when running this code?. I'm trying to
copy a chart and paste special to another workbook. When the code gets to
'Selection.copy', the computer hard drive makes a lot of noise and it takes
up to 10 seconds just to complete the copy. Any ideas? I've tried copying
the chart area, but then I don't have the option of 'PasteSpecial'.

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 2").Select
ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlNormal
ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMaximized
Selection.Copy '<---------This line takes awhile
Workbooks(wbname2).Activate
ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="Picture (Enhanced Metafile)",
Link:=False _
, DisplayAsIcon:=False

Thanks,
Paul