Barb Reinhardt

You can change the bar width. Double click on the series to get to Format
Data Series. Select the Options tab and change the gap width to 0 to have
no gap between the cells.
"kraymond" wrote in message
I need to make a combination graph with a time x-axis and two series: 3
columns at X = 1988, 1995, and 1999; and a set of X-Y points with date
(1/1/1980, etc.) as X. So far, I cannot make the columns appear on the

axis
at the correct location within the time x axis, whether I use line or

scatter
for my other series. The columns are just plotted equally spaced from

each
other, ignoring the x-axis, or if I make sure that their x-axis is time,

then
they plot as very skinny vertical lines at the correct places. Is there

any
way of getting around this without using yearly averages for my x-y

scatter
data?

Example:

Point data: